Learn how to do a patent search for your idea before spending money on prototypes and patents.
By the numbers
- Lectures: 17
- Video: 36 mins
- Skill level: Beginner Level
- 9 students
- Languages: English
- Lifetime access
- Available on iOSand Android
- Certificate of Completion
Learn a fast and easy way to save money by searching for patents before you hire a patent agent or an attorney. It will save you time, money and may even help you strengthen your idea. This course is more for inventors with product ideas than those with technology ideas.
If you are an inventor or entrepreneur, you will want to protect your idea. How do you know if your idea has been done before? Start the search before you see an attorney. Considering the fact that patent searches cost anywhere from $400 to $1800, you will save money by giving the attorney some of the information they will need to write your patent if you chose to move forward.
What are the requirements?
- Basic internet and a healthy dose of patience as you start to make your dream a reality.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 17 lectures and 36 mins of content!
- Know how to search for relevant patents to support their new ideas or move them to brand new ones. With the right information, talking to attorneys about filing a patent should be easier and less expensive since you will be supplying the attorney with documents you have found in your search.
What is the target audience?
- This course is for new inventors to figure out if their idea has already been patented. It will show how to read patents.This course is not designed to help you write the patent. We are not attorneys.
- Carolyn Keane
- Inventing is my passion. After receiving a Degree in Design from Syracuse University, I started designing homes and furniture and then moved into products.
- As a designer and project manager, I successfully took products from concept through prototyping, manufacturing, national trade shows, won National Retailers Choice Award, selected out of 1000 new products for top honors in the US & Canada, international award for Most Innovative Product, on Innovation Nation TV Show, was a presenter on QVC, an invention featured on DIY twice, interviewed for Made in America Radio Show, Home Talk News with Michael King, featured in Boca Observer Magazine, MoneyTalksNews.com, promoting new products and inventors as well as selling new products on InventingDaily.com.
- As entrepreneur, worked with inventors to launch new products, inventor mentor and product coach guiding inventors and helping them avoid costly pitfalls and mistakes, product & brand development, working with national investors to help get funding for new projects, inventor with 3 patents and one patent pending.
- Specialties: Coaching & Mentoring & Securing Licensing deals for inventors.
- Jim Reidy
- Founder of InventingDaily
- Jim Reidy, has a BS in Business Administration from UCF. He is an inventor who has created several products, holds patents and is currently working on new product development and licensing.
- Jim is the Founder of InventingDaily, a family business that he created with Carolyn Keane, his mother. They have co-created several products and each brings a unique point of view to the business. With Jim’s business background, he uses his special negotiating skills for licensing deals and getting the most for his clients.
To take the Class – Go to DIY Patent Search – How to Save Money on Patents