You have, what you think, is a fantastic idea that will make millions and be perfect for Shark Tank but you don’t know what to do or where to start. Here is a list of the first things to do:
- Check stores for similar items
- Check the internet for ideas or products like yours.
- Check the www.USPTO.gov – United States Patent & Trademark Office
- Check google Search Words. How many hits show up?
- Find an NDA – Non-Disclosure Agreement and use it.
- Do surveys – SurveyMonkey.com is free. You can do a survey without telling your idea.
- Identify target market group – it might not be who you think
- Call SCORE – Senior Core of Retired Executives for free advice
- Look for Inventor Clubs in your area. There is a list under Resources on InventingDaily.com/InventorClubs
- Do a Patent Search – If you have never done one, here is our gift to you – a free class to learn how to do a patent search.
- Attend trade shows to see new products
- Start to collect data for cost estimates
- Call Inventing Daily for help @561-231-0298 or contact us at http://inventingdaily.com/coaching/
After starting the process, you will see that there is a lot to do before you spend money on a patent or on prototypes. There is help available and it will take time. Just Keep Inventing Daily!